Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
168 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 167

PSuper8Ben, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Now more than ever!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Click to see original Image in a new window

John, interpretation or translation but defintely no stem cell transplantation.

[picture source: flickr.com]

Posted on: 2011/3/13 17:36
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Gerd, correct. I believe the Packard DNA is extinct and no longer able to be duplicated. I did not notice the faux sidemounts in the photo until I compared it to the illustration. Now, I have changed my mind about the attractiveness of the knock off. Much better with the clean lines sans sidemounts. Most Packards (the real ones) are more attractive without sidemounts, in my opinion. I just like the clean look without them.

It is Daylight Savings Time in the US - It is later than we think.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/3/13 17:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
... I believe the Packard DNA is extinct and no longer able to be duplicated. ...

Will there ever be a Beatles reunion? Said George Harrison: "Not as long as John Lennon remains dead."

[picture source:http://artandcolour.blogspot.com/2011/02/resting-giants-scenes-from-80s-junkyard.html]

Posted on: 2011/3/13 18:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Toyota can do better than to mimic Packard
by Jack Teahan

"I wish Toyota would stop.

I refer to the ad that urges the public to "Ask someone you know who drives one." It's a direct echo of the immortal Packard theme, "Ask the man who owns one," which put the Packard automobile on the map.

Packard, which first saw the light of day in 1899, was the nation's best-selling luxury car from 1924 to 1949.

I criticized Toyota's twist on Packard's theme in a column a year ago last March. But Toyota continues to use it; I continue to be ticked off, and when I'm ticked off, I yell.

With all its money and with all its talent, both in-house and in-ad-agency, I expect something better from Toyota.

Packard's "Ask the man who owns one" is one of the all-time great ad lines. It ranks with "Watch the Fords go by" and Dinah Shore's "See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet."

Let it rest, Toyota. Fortunately, others have resisted ads exhorting "Watch the Hondas go by" or "See the U.S.A. in your Nissan A" (for Altima)."

[source: Automotive News, November 12, 2010, Jack Teahen is senior editor of Automotive News.]

Attach file:

jpg  (37.03 KB)
757_4d7d52eb5e268.jpg 538X359 px

Posted on: 2011/3/13 18:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
I stumbled upon the website of the car maker Bufori a couple years back, who obviously copied, if not pasted directly, the hood and grill of a late 30s Packard; One carried the very hood and louvre design of a 1939 Six.

The website claims inspiration from cars of the 30's but makes not admittance to the cloned Packard body components.

www.bufori.com/en/worldofb_evolution_intro.htm
www.bufori.com

Posted on: 2011/3/16 11:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Look at the first pic in post #11 above. Chop it off at the windshield and chop it off at the rear window, loose the running boards and what do u have????? I see an 80's Caprice.

Posted on: 2011/3/16 12:11
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved