Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 207

39Rollson, RKS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

115C Running Board strips
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
Does anyone know the length and front and rear end styles of the stainless steel strips that go on the 115c?
Also does anyone know what the Carter Starter System is and how it works on the WA-1 Carter Carbs? My carb does not have the parts for it so I blocked off the port to prevent air being drawn into the intake manifold. Car seems to run fine that way.
Thanks
Jim

Posted on: 2011/3/19 21:46
 Top  Print   

Re: 115C Running Board strips
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Motor's doesn't list or show the starter switch as being on the WA-1 but does list it for the WDO which was used on other prewar models. Believe Carter switches are very similar so if that is the switch you are asking about & it was used on the WA-1 there is a description here:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=48321#forumpost48321

Posted on: 2011/3/19 22:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
The length is about 79.5". Reproduced by K-Mart and Maximus. Or I have NOS strips available, no problem. The difference between Repro and NOS is the NOS strips have a steel stiffener underneath the stainless. Reproduction strips are shinier due to improved materials and processes. NOS strips were designed for square wire clip, whereas the Repro strips use a modern spring wire bolt thru clip, but you can use the modern clips on NOS strips... My price on strips is less than Repro due to the effort you may (or may not) want to go to polish to a modern day standard.

If you have the starter switch on your carburetor, it is wrong for your 37. The starter switch on Packard WA-1's began in 1942, tag 530s. Carb should otherwise work fine, notwithstanding minor linkage adaptation.

Posted on: 2011/3/20 10:58
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
Thank you Howard the drawings and information are very helpful. As I said I blocked off the port for the starter switch so it no longer draws air into the base of the carb and intake manifold. This allowed me to lean the idle mixture one full turn which still leaves me a little more than the 1 1/2 turns stated in the tureup specs I have.
As long as the car runs ok and does not burn any valves or such it will give me time to eventually find the parts or put the correct WA-1 on.
Thanks so much again
Jim

Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:39
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

mypackard
See User information
Thanks for your reponse. I guess short subject first Yes I have a 530s carb and will keep it for now as long as ther car runs ok and maybe look for a 477 later.
The 79.5 length on the strips would put me at about mid way between running board and front of the fender.
I have 2 holes where clips would be attachjed to the fender at 1 7/8" and 9 1/4" measured from the running board end.
After I get other things fixed on the car I may try to contact you again about your NOS strips.
Thank you so much again for the information, it has been very helpful.
Sincerely
Jim

Posted on: 2011/3/21 13:55
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved