Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
62 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

reading light on dash question
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
does anyone have a picture of the proper place for the reading light? our 1205 limo has components for it but I am not sure where it goes.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 12:04
 Top  Print   

Re: reading light on dash question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The 1935 owner's manual says the front compartment map light is operated by a switch under the lower edge of the dashboard at the right. For what it's worth, in 1934 the light itself was at the center of the dash, above the instrument cluster in the lower curve of the dash panel, and with a hinged, half-rotating metal cover. The switch in 34 was also on the lower edge of the dash, but more central and (double throw switch) also operated the instrument lights. Totally different body, 34 and 35, so no reason the details should be the same, but I hope this helps.

If need be I can drive out and take a look at a 36 Twelve. Let me know.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 13:49
 Top  Print   

Re: reading light on dash question
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

craig clawson
See User information
thank you for your help, we found the proper mounting bracket, it was miss marked. and now is installed and working well, except was wondering if there was a lens cover for the light? the parts book does not list one.

Posted on: 2011/4/7 20:37
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved