Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 249

Mike Chirco, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Mission Impossible ------ Norway..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Being from New York I used to get annoyed when people would find that out about me they would come back with "Oh did you know ???????". I mean they don't realize that NYC has 10M people in it, what is the likelyhood that I would know who they were refering to. However I am going to try something along the same line. I had a 56 400 a few years ago and it wound up in the hands of a friend in Valdosta Ga. He in turn sold it to an individual in Norway within the last year or so. So I am inquiring of our Scandanavian brethren if any of you know the whereabouts of this vehicle and/or who owns it

Posted on: 2011/5/12 8:28
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Re: Mission Impossible ------ Norway..
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Al, try to get in contact with Ole B??k. When you scroll down you will find a list of contact persons in Norway.

Posted on: 2011/5/12 8:37
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Quote:

AL wrote: I had a 56 400 a few years ago and it wound up in the hands of a friend in Valdosta Ga. He in turn sold it to an individual in Norway within the last year or so. So I am inquiring of our Scandanavian brethren if any of you know the whereabouts of this vehicle and/or who owns it

Perhaps I can help, I`m living in Oslo. Perhaps you can give me more details about the car, and if possible to what part of Norway it was sold.

Tom

Posted on: 2011/5/12 15:19
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Hi Tom
Thanks.

It was a white 56 400. It was about a #4+ - #3- car. I t ran well. That is about all I know for sure. A friend of mine and I bought the car but did not have the time to do much with it. We turned it over to Don Taconne who at the time was the presiden of Packard. He did all of the repairs to it and sold it to an elderly gentleman in Birmingham. The man passed away ib 2009 and gave the car back to Don Taconne, who then sold it to a man in Valdosta GA, he in turn sold it to someone in Norway. With some time I should be able to get some more info from him but it will take some time. My only interest is to pass on all of this info to the new owner.

Al

Posted on: 2011/5/13 7:58
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Al,

Thanks for info, I`ll ask around. Might take some time, Norway is a very long country; approx 1100 miles.

Tom

Posted on: 2011/5/13 14:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Again, I suggest you contact Ole Book. He's tied in very tightly with the Nordic Packard Owner's Club and has almost daily contact with several of their members. And he and Don Taccone are also quite close.

<ole@packard.nu>

Posted on: 2011/5/13 15:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Don does not know I asked him just last wednesday. If nothing works here I will get in touch with the seller and ask him.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 11:42
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I've just asked Odd Moen, we exchange emails every so often. He's big into the Packard scene in Norway though his interests run more towards the late 20s and early 30s. Might have been helpful if you had given a VN but we'll see what info comes back.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 11:54
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved