Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 166

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 120 »

Re: The Duchess Project: 1940 Super 8 Convertible Sedan
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I still don't think so, but we were missing the filler on top and bottom of divider and perhaps another piece on the front side of the divider, which I ordered from Steele over the weekend. They will redo the installation when those parts come.

My main problem at the moment is knowing exactly what goes in the window regulator arms to hold them together.

Posted on: 2011/7/11 11:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
TOP The less glamorous aspects of being at the beauty parlor.

Attach file:

jpg  (80.35 KB)
1067_4e1d9a659544b.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (70.81 KB)
1067_4e1d9a829e54f.jpg 800X600 px

jpg  (60.79 KB)
1067_4e1d9a9cc062d.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2011/7/13 8:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Vaughn
See User information
Joe
I am back from Spokane and am available for some door mounting if you get the car back from the upholstery shop. My time will be somewhat limited by my son's upcoming wedding as Aug. 1st gets closer. Call me and we will talk about what you need to have me do.
Vaughn

Posted on: 2011/7/13 17:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thanks. Just hung up with Nelson. He was asking if you were back yet. There isn't much to do at this point until the doors(window regulator issue) is resolved.
The Duchess is at Beaverton Auto Upholstery still.

Check this thread.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7323&forum=1&post_id=81528#forumpost81528

I am struggling with this. So if you want to play with it, that could be a help. Several Packardites have contributed ideas, mostly Guscha had specific ideas. Take a look.

Posted on: 2011/7/13 17:38
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Man I LOVE THIS CAR!

its going to be gorgeous when finished.

congrats!

Hank

Posted on: 2011/7/14 7:52
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thanks, Hank. Beauty is as beauty does, so we'll see. And "when finished" seems more like "if finished" since we hit a brick wall on the window regulators, and progress on upholstery taking a 2-week back seat to other other projects.
Concours in Forest Grove here this weekend.

Second running board needed a second burn in the oven and another sit in the rust tank. I ordered my Coker Firestone wide whites from Summit Racing. Replacement ring for speedometer arrived from Yesterday's Radio. Many little details that take forever.

I have 2 weeks to get it done, and if it's not done by then. EVERYONE is going to hear about it and why. I will not be a happy camper. I will be a hornet.

Posted on: 2011/7/15 9:39
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Vaughn
See User information
Joe
What is up this weekend? I am fully committed on Sunday but I could do some more work on Fri evening and on Sat. I have also been thinking on the window regulator and believe I can make the circular spacer that will do the job but will need to do it at your place as my tools are all in storage from my house move. If you son, John, can braze it after we make the mock up to see if it functions properly then I think the problem will be solved. We will see!! I have been think about the rear door mechanism but have come to no conclusions about them. They may be a bigger issue.
Vaughn

Posted on: 2011/7/19 10:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Thanks, Vaughn. The top should be finished by Friday, the windshield finalized (parts from Steele arrived last night as did the new tires ---onTrac delivered them 2 business days from ordering them, much faster than UPS ---), and car tuned at Canyon Auto. I should be able to drive it home, maybe bring 1 front door down to the shop so I don't fall out.

The other runningboard will be out of the tank (2nd time to dip) tomorrow at American Metal Cleaning. I could prime and fill and sand Wed and Thurs night.

Jim called me last night and his buds Dave and Kevin will take some pics of perhaps identical regulators so we might possibly see the parts needed without Jim removing his door panel.

With the window thing, if we don't see what's actually in there, we could try your idea. John will fix that tooth and lock in the chrome escutcheon to the front door handle by Friday if I can get it to him today. (He finished a crane job at Fred Meyer's yesterday while I was on a client conf call, so missed him then.)

And maybe Nelson wants to apply his electrical engineering talents to the dash and new wiring harnesses.

So, to answer your question. There's plenty to do. Let's have some fun, and I still have your smoked salmon so don't forget.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 10:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
With Vaughn's and Nelson's help, the Duchess has doors and a wired dashboard.

Almost everything works, though a complete electrical step-by-step needs to be conducted. I'm not sure who sells "original" spark plug wiresets, the black ones with a crackle exterior, but that was the problem.

Rick at Canyon Auto tuned the engine. She was lubed and fluids checked. Oil is synthetic now and same for gear oil.

The crew at Beaverton Auto Upholstery finished up the top, a beautiful job. The trunk is mostly done. The rear carpet was made and is ready for pick up from SMS Fabrics in Canby.

The car was towed one last time back home because I had no stop lights or mirrors.

Saturday morning I spent all day as Les Schwab Tires fussed over her, mounted the new tires and tubes and set the toe-in.

Sunday afternoon I drove to son John's in Salem and back.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 19:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Were you able to get pictures and figure the window problem out?

Posted on: 2011/8/3 19:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 120 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved