Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 213

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Ignition Coil
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

troys
See User information
Does anyone know what type of iginition
coil used on 1930 745 Super 8?
A picture would really help.

Thanks
Mike

Posted on: 2011/8/3 18:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Ignition Coil
Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
Northeast brand although there were aftermarket replacements that are virtually identical. It is round and has the ignition switch built in to the end, mounts in a round clamp type bracket on the back of the dash

Posted on: 2011/8/3 20:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Go to the '31 OWNERS MANUAL in LIT./ this site, and take page 48 to 400%. Gives u a pretty good idea.

Posted on: 2011/8/4 20:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Someone is or was making reproduction coil/ignition switch units that clamp into the circular clamp under the dash. They were coming up on e bay for a while although I have not seen them recently.
What I have done is to use a standard Bosch 6V coil and a separate key operated ignition switch from a boat shop. The ignition switch goes into the dash hole and the coil clamps in behind it. Its virtually identical to the original and a lot cheaper than the reproduction units. You need to make sure you glue a thick rubber pad over the end of the coil so it cannot short against the ignition switch terminals.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 1:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

fred kanter
See User information
The repro coil/switch units were supposedly being made by Atwater Kent Co (no relation to the original) taht wasa a continuation of the JR Sullivan CO. Both have been very spotty over the past 20 years, poor service, not delivering items, keeping returned items and not giving refunds etc etc. We have personal experience. I thnk they disappear, change names, and resurface after the storm blows over.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 5:16
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved