Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 203

Owen_Dyneto, HH56, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

looking for a photo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
i am looking for a photo of the rear trunk lid for a 1952
Packard. I want to see what the chrome feature above the lock is supposed to look like restored. I know a medallion goes in the circle. i have no medallion. are the letters that spell Packard in the metal work painted. if so what color. I don't see 1952 in the photo archive. I guess i better get my car restored and upload more pics. lol
thanks for your help
tim

Posted on: 2011/8/16 21:47
 Top  Print   

Re: looking for a photo
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are a few cars in the 52 archive with a fairly decent rear viewhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=4613&cid=54 andhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=860&cid=54 If I remember there was a discussion a couple of years ago as to the paint colors. Some are black, some red and factory apparently shows both. The chrome is different but plastic emblem is the same as used in 51 if there are any better pictures of the emblem in the 51 archive.

Here is a picture of a friends car showing the chrome well but he made the emblem from something else so it is wrong.

Attach file:

jpg  (69.11 KB)
209_4e4b3153c446e.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2011/8/16 21:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim49
See User information
hello and thank you for a very nice photo. that answers my questions.

Posted on: 2011/8/16 23:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I am looking for photos of the weather stripping for the front doors on a 1954 Packard CLipper club coupe. Mine was removed when it was painted 20 years ago and I have no idea what I am looking at to install. Can I use current styles of the rubber or do I need original?

Posted on: 2011/8/25 16:35
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I have a '51 and a '53 Packard. The weather strip for your car is currently produced for, and carried by: Steele rubber, Max Marriott, Kanter, Tuscon Packard and probably others. Just look for the year and body style, there are cross sections of rubber for different years. Choose the correct year, buy it in bulk or buy it in pre- measured lengths. bulk is cheaper and eeeeaaasy to put on. Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 16:54
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Steve (packardguy53) is right.

--> www.steelerubber.com

Attach file:

jpg  (38.05 KB)
757_4e56c6f7f1081.jpg 500X407 px

Posted on: 2011/8/25 17:03
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks for the input on getting the weather stripping. I would appreciate anyone posting a photo of where the weather stripping is mounted. I haven't located a Packard at any of the car shows I attended this year to get a shot of the door open to see the proper mounting. I have one more show that probably will have some Packards. The Horseless Carriage Club in St. Louis on September 18th.
I priced the items from Steele and found some other items I haven't thought about needing.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 21:42
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved