Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
249 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 249

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Hershey 2011
Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Mr. Pushbutton, you are missed. Several folks came by to get your repair services.

Posted on: 2011/10/7 20:41
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
My ears were burning several times this week. Besides, who cooked the steaks?

Posted on: 2011/10/7 23:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I went back again to Hershey yesterday, mostly to meet old friends but also to take a closer look at the cars in the Car Corral. Lots of nice cars for sale, but seemed to be quite an absence of serious buyers - no surprise given the economic climate.

With many hotels within 30 or so miles now requiring a 3-night miniumum and some requring 4 nights, driving down twice is economically viable at about 32 mpg in the Lincoln, about a 6 hour round trip.

Kev - I did convey your regards to the Maucks.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 9:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
For the better part of twenty-five years I really enjoyed Fall Hershey - even though it's a 4-1/2 hour drive (each way) for me and in spite of some foul, but sufferable, weather.

I used to leave late Friday evening, catch a few winks in the car after I arrived, and then head to the the swap meet at the crack of dawn, Saturday AM, followed by the show field, before hitting the road home about mid-afternoon. It made for one helluva long day. As the swap meet became too large to cover in one day, I bit the bullet and got a hotel room for a night - two in later years.

However, I stopped going about ten years ago because of too many negative changes - including the games that more and more hotels were playing with rates and minimum stays and Herco charging top dollar to park in unmaintained property that was - more often than not - mud bogs. Since the Giant Center project, the layout of the show and swap meet fields has left a lot to be desired.

I'll be back at Fall Hershey, someday, if only for the swap meet. I'll need to replace hiking boots with a better pair of walking shoes (due to all the paved fields), but I won't spend one red cent on lodging or parking in that area.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 19:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
Mr. PB the steaks were from our favorite store and great

Posted on: 2011/10/8 19:38
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
5 perfect weather days and a lot of fun. Everyone seemed to have a smile on their faces. On the way home now and am certainly glad I went again. Have not missed since 73. Some great Packards were there including a beautiful '33 that Bruce Blevins just had finished.

Posted on: 2011/10/8 19:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
Just stay at my house! 30-40 minutes out, barn for your car.., just don't make mine jealous

Posted on: 2011/10/10 14:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Highlander160
See User information
Ahh, Hershey. I can't wait to get there again. Yet by Saturday afternoon, I can't wait to get home. The meet was very small for me this year. I had to stay mainly in my space attending Mr.Blevins' 33 Packard. The response to that car was nothing short of overwhelming. It may be a good thing I hung around for those 3 days. I got to meet several new friends and put smiling faces and voices to some of you I haven't met yet. It was gratifiying to see some of my international friends for the 3rd year in a row. Perhaps with some help next year I can roam around a little bit before the excitment begins at each day in our tent. The show was as good as always. I look forward to the HPOF section (Historic Preservation of Original Features). Those are the cars that keep their originality intact. You'll have to wait for pictures, but the hit for me in HPOF was a 27 Packard Murphy Roadster with aluminum coachwork and twin rear spares. I litterally smiled to myself when I got right up to it. Just plain kool. Thanks to all of you who stopped by with kind words about the 33. It took a 1st Junior on Sat, but I have a serious hit list of changes and upgrades already. Considering that the crew and I finished and loaded the car at 10:40 Monday evening, it's no real surprise I guess. I'm still feeling the aches and pains of the last 3 weeks. I'd do it all over again though...and I probably will!

Posted on: 2011/10/11 8:20
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
Hello, the little pot metal idler bevel gear is broken on my 1104 Club Sedan. I will appreciate if you still have the name and address of the guy doing new ones in bronze.

Posted on: 2011/10/29 17:05
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you mean this item, they were previously sold by PI and I believe the current vendor are the Mauck's, at least they are who I bought mine from at Hershey. $35 as I recall, cast in bronze and gear teeth nicely machined after casting. I'm sure their phone # is in the PI membership directory or if not, someone in PI can come along and provide it.

Attach file:

jpg  (43.86 KB)
177_4ead756a188c5.jpg 1280X1043 px

Posted on: 2011/10/30 11:04
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved