Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 250

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

4.5" "Packard" Script
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
For my 56 Clipper Sedan Deluxe, I have a roughly 4.5" long "Packard" script that went diagonally at the bottom right corner of my trunk lid. It is broken, and I have seen many larger "Packard" scripts for sale, but never one this size.

I think I read somewhere that this script did not originally come with the 56 Clippers, but due to popular outrage, the factory made them and Clipper owners went to their dealers to have them put on as an "after market" item.

Anyway, I'd sure like to find one of these in good shape. I am not sure where I am batting zero on this one. Maybe not too many people had them put on. Dulinski was not familiar with such a script.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 23:16
 Top  Print   

Re: 4.5" "Packard" Script
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Take a look in this site's 1955-56 Service Index - namely, the Body section, and look for a topic on "Script Name Plate Kit". Follow the link to see a scan of the original letter that was sent to dealers, which includes a P/N for the retro-kit.

Then, if you check the 55-56 parts book, Gr. 31.1893 shows that this Packard script plate - and the seals and speednuts for it - are the same as what was used on 55th Series Clippers.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 23:33
 Top  Print   

Re: 4.5" "Packard" Script
Home away from home
Home away from home

JeffM
See User information
Thanks. I wish I could just send a check and a letter to the address shown in the letterhead.

It's good to know that this was on all the 55's. I will include this in my continued search.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 23:41
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved