Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 152

Wat_Tyler, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Dashboard Buttons
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

rhlevine
See User information
I got cut off in the middle of a post so I'll make it short this time. On the dashboard of my " new " Packard 300 sedan, what is the switch below the light switch to the left of the steering column ( ? choke ) and what is the switch to the right of the steering column?

Posted on: 2012/8/13 15:20
 Top  Print   

Re: Dashboard Buttons
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just FYI, the forum does time out if no page change or any page refresh has happened for 15 minutes. It ignores ordinary typing as activity so long posts can be cut off. On those, it's a good idea to select all and use your computers copy function before you submit. That way if cut off, you can relog in and go back to the reply page and paste your work then submit again..

Most accessories were available for installation by a dealer so sometimes differences happen. If factory placement suggestions were followed, in 53 directly under headlight switch would be the power antenna. That's a push pull switch with the shaft slightly exposed and knob positioned out from dash bezel about 1/4 inch.

If you don't have the antenna it's possible a rear seat speaker switch could have been placed there. If both switches were present, the speaker switch would have been at the same level as antenna switch but slightly offset under ign switch.

The only thing on the right of steering column on the dash is the cigar lighter and heater blower switch. That switch is directly under the vent levers. If your car has overdrive, the lockout knob is located on the right side of column but is under the dash lower edge.

The windshield wiper is by itself directly on the left side of steering column.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 16:04
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved