Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
155 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 152

37Blanche, custo eight, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Tire suggestion needed for 1938/1604
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
A significant factor to consider as to what type of tire to fit (bias ply or radial) is the type of useage the car will get. If you intend a regular diet of day-long cruising at modern speeds (70 mph) I'd give a lot of consideration to radials and from what I hear Coker-label radials are not the best for this, I'd lean to to rebranded radials like Diamondback. If the show circuit and touring with other Classics or cars of a similar era, then I'd go for a really good bias ply tire like a Lester, probably more bona-fide Classics have toured on Lesters than any other brand. I've heard good comments about the Firestone- and Good-Year-labelled tires in 17 inch but don't know if this translates to the 16 inch or not, nor am I aware of who is the actual maker of these tires.

Posted on: 2012/12/30 9:39
 Top  Print   

Re: Tire suggestion needed for 1938/1604
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Coker makes a tube type radial tire in the vintage sizes. I believe these tires are only offered in blackwall. You may want to look at their offerings. Look at their Excelsior line.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2012/12/30 22:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved