Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
90 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Fuel parts rebuilder
Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Leaving out some details:
The T'bird pump arm is deceiving at first glance comparison to the oem Packard arm. Nontheless it seems to fit just fine and looks very promising.

However, when the cam eccentric is at full lift against the arm then the arm is at (what seems to be) full press with zero room To move any further.

What i need is a timing chain cover i can butcher to allow visual and measuring gauge access to the cam eccentric and pump arm. Swapping pump arms from oem to T'bird pump out of the question due to details i am leaving out.

Pics of current mock-up:

Attach file:

jpg  (35.95 KB)
35_50737ea002e01.jpg 480X640 px

jpg  (37.36 KB)
35_50737ed2308b2.jpg 480X640 px

jpg  (33.12 KB)
35_50737f063d82d.jpg 480X640 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 20:40
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Do you recognize this pump? Believe it to be off a Ford and I think a TBird. Dwight has been running it in his 56 for some time.

Attach file:

jpg  (76.53 KB)
209_507382362fb2b.jpg 840X828 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 20:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Picture angles can be deceiving but Dwights pump looks slightly shorter than mine is tall. The vacuum outlets are different of course. It also appears that the fuel inlet/outlet ports at bottom of pump are 180* where mine are at rite angles to each other.

It mite be that over the many decades the rebuilders use parts such as the bottom and upper housings that are miscellaneous parts. For example the upper vacuum housing on mine has verticle vacuum ports for hoses. I distinctly recall AMC 1966 232 6cyl used identicle such verticle vacuum tubes. Maybe T-bird or some other Ford used steel lines instead of hoses.

I like Dwights pump better than mine. But there seems to be plenty of clearence (around engine mount, H2O pump housing etc) with my pump to allow it to work just fine.

At this point my only concern is the fuel pump arm stroke. On mine the stroke is at the end of full stroke movement when the cam eccentric is at highest lift point.

Posted on: 2012/10/9 4:55
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
My other concern at this point is the compatability of the diaghram material in my pump. Look at the material edges sticking out of the sides in post #21 above. I realize the pics are not real clear (best i can do with my junk camera). There is a fabric or woven looking type material imbedded in the diaghram. What i don't know is whether or not such material is an indication of an OLD stock material not compatible with ethanol fuels.

Posted on: 2012/10/9 5:05
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved