Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 224

29- 640 Club Sedan, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Today is yesterday
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thought this ad was amusing.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=5655&cid=89

People complain that today's technology and cars are dated and obsolete by the time it leaves the store. Generally the prices have been fairly close on the next greatest and improved model though.

Many Packard ads of the day made fun of yearly styling changes and promoted it's theme "Packards evolve. You can buy a Packard today and not worry about it becoming dated next year".

Wonder if the middle of the depression purchaser of a 1936 Packard Twelve was miffed when not only is their one year old very high dollar car obsolete but it's much improved replacement is several hundred dollars cheaper.

Attach file:

jpg  (14.23 KB)
209_50a121f053239.jpg 380X133 px

Posted on: 2012/11/12 11:22
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Today is yesterday
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
yup this happens today and not always on price.

i got a 2011 kia sorento...no mem seats avaiable then

2012, they were standard. mem seats are hard to live without, but we found a happy medium between me and my wife.

still irritating though, but oh well.

Hank

Posted on: 2012/11/12 11:55
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved