Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 223

classiclincoln, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

car will not start
Just popping in
Just popping in

jim.p
See User information
I want to thank everyone that responded to my question, expecially tim cole for bringing up the compression.I was going in a completely different direction. I checked the compression in the summer and it was good. Now it is 90-50-90-80-10-40-50-60.Does anyone know what these numbers mean? If it is a complete rebuild i may have a problem. Well, thank you again and i will keep watching the website. jim.p

Posted on: 2012/11/14 16:04
 Top  Print   

Re: car will not start
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Since it came on over time and not the same level of low in adjacent cylinders, easiest first thing is to remove the lifter gallery covers and the fender access panel. Have someone try starting the car while you watch and see if there are some sticking valves.

Posted on: 2012/11/14 16:23
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved