Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
147 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

inner splash panel on a 51
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
The rubber splash guards on my 51 200, the ones on each side of the engine compartment are gone. Talking with mechanic friend of mine this evening, he told me he made some for a 60 Mercury using sheet rubber. Can anyone with an original car tell me if this would be correct for the 51? Also, is the splash guard basically a rectangle? thanks

Posted on: 2012/12/5 21:35
 Top  Print   

Re: inner splash panel on a 51
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is a discussion herehttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2292&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0 on the splasher and covering and in post 22 is a mention of a substitute product one poster used.

Posted on: 2012/12/5 22:15
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
What was left of the splash panels on my 51 were attached with staples, which I'll duplicate with safety wire. I had a 53 300 as a kid in high school with similar panels. (wish I had held on to that car!) I think I will go with the rubber as I have access to a supply of it here in town. Thanks for the lead.

Posted on: 2012/12/5 22:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
For what it's worth, on my 1940 I used canvas drop cloth, rubberized on one side. Probably got it at the paint store. It's lighter weight than heavy canvas and was easy to work with, cut and fit.

Check post #50
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5878&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=40
SPLASHERS

Posted on: 2012/12/6 0:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Thanks Joe - I was looking at my 39 120, and your solution will work great there. Anyone have any photos of the 51-54 versions? They look more like a large dog door rather than a strip. (I think - based on what's left)

Posted on: 2012/12/7 22:13
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved