Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
89 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 88

moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

body mounts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Casalegno
See User information
i am just now in the process of installing mounts for my 38 coupe. the outside mounts are regular bolts with nuts and washers. where thframe criss crosses in the middle of body floor the bolts are more of a screw that thread into the frame itself no bolts, anyway there are round body pads that fit the tapered screws, do the mounts stay on top of bodypan or go betwwen chassis and bottom of body? any help would be greatly appreciated by the way there are also 2 in back of trunk that screw two the frame. sendind picture of mounts already installed.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 15:44
 Top  Print   

Re: body mounts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Casalegno
See User information
seem to have a problem attach1ng picure

Posted on: 2012/12/6 16:04
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Try not to have characters or symbols in the name. Some characters are considered illegal in file names so won't be accepted by the forum program. Photo needs to be a .jpg to have it viewable directly in the forum & less than 2 meg in size. 50-500K is best for those on dialup to handle. The other allowed formats are shown below the picture browse and attach buttons but those can not be viewed online -- names only show to be downloaded by a viewer to save and view on their own computers.

Use the browse button to find the image file on your computer, select it and when it is highlighted hit open and name will appear in the select box. Then do the attach file & picture name will appear under the buttons. Do that for each photo and once all names are showing and your comment text is complete, hit submit.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 17:29
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jeff Casalegno
See User information
thanks Howard for the info most pictures are 3 meg size i i guess that why. Jeff

Posted on: 2012/12/7 10:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If your computer has an image program, it should have a setting or function to change image size. If you have none, a good and free program for Windows is Irfanview.http://www.irfanview.com/. If you have a Mac, iPhoto does nicely. Just select and export the image to .jpg format with medium settings.

Posted on: 2012/12/7 10:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
A sort of shortcut that I use (Windows 7) is to go to Windows Explorer or whatever they call it now, choose my picture, and then at the top of the screen choose to email that picture.

The program (Windows 7)reduces the size of the file from megabytes to kilobytes and opens a new email in (Outlook)

All I do is right click on the photo file in the email and select "save as" and add a letter or number to the file name.

I've then saved myself a copy of my picture with a much smaller file size and I didn't even have to open a photo program.

Posted on: 2012/12/7 16:04
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved