Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
127 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 126

Andrew Sinclair, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Flooded Out
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:
by PackardV8 on 2012/12/11 21:37:50

http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/pa ... er/CarterWGD-56Hudson.jpg

Look at the pic from the above link. See the brass tube that is bolony sliced at the very top of the air horn just above the choke blade. That should be the vent tube for the bowl. If it is plugged up with warsper or dirt dobber nests or other debris then the bowl will not vent and the fuel will pressureize and cause leakage that appears near bottom of carb. Especialy at the throttle blade shaft.

Put a tube over the vent and blow on it with lung power (NOT COMPRESSED AIR!!!!!) If it is plugged up then u won;t be able to blow thru it.

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with this particular carb. My description above is what is usual, normal and customarily found in MOST carbs and what a reasonable and sober minded person with just average carb rebuilding experience would determine to be the case when in doubt due to lack of more detailed avialable information.

Yes, I'm familiar with that type of vent, however this carb doesn't have one of them doohickies (technical term). I'm looking into the air horn for something resembling a vent and Gumoutin' the hell out of it (technical term).

Posted on: 2012/12/13 0:10
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved