Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
214 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 213

BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: AACA Packard DF debacle starting
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Dongle; I have been around posting in Packard forums since 1998. I first started out in the forum that was on Classicar.com. The site and forum failed because of money troubles that the persons had that ran that forum.

The reason that the AACA Packard forum has failed is because
of the back handed control PAC has had in subject matter posted in the AACA Packard forum. The administrators of the AACA Packard forum have been more than happy to go along with the wishes of certain people running PAC. Maybe it is time for those people doing PAC's bidding at the AACA to take a look in the mirror at some of the actions they have taken in the past.

Over the next couple of days I intend to fully reveal, some of the tactics and pressure used to try and silence me when I questions and opposed PAC on the 1965 V12 article they published.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/6/23 21:30
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Yup, we also have the right to explain why we disagree. But this, of course, is coming from a whinny, liberal dendrophiliac.

I have not asked for an apology.

Stating an opinion that something is offensive may be like crying about spilled milk. It also might be like crying over spilled acid.

Posted on: 2008/6/23 21:44
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Quote:
I won't dignify the personal sniping above.

I wrote that last diatribe with the thought of stating my bit and leaving it at that. Before I get flamed any more here, understand I have absolutely no connection to ANY club or oganization or business or whatever.

However, I will ask a couple of simple questions - and you know what, consider it an opportunity for quiet introspection rather than an invitation to an open pi**ing match through this forum.

People didn't like the rules (again), they picked up their bat and ball and went home. So be it, I don't care.

Why then keep returning for the simple purpose of stirring the pot?

Why then continue to flame that group for having rules for you, an invited guest?

This isn't a contest.

No sniping intended, just speaking the facts.
#1,I made a joke, you took offence to it, I told you to F&#K off, plain and simple.
#2, Like I said before, I was stating an opinion, take it or leave it.

No contest intended, I'm just "speaking" my mind about the issue. There are those of us who are very opinionated here, and have differences in opinions. Like it or not, that's the rules of the sandbox, like it or leave it. I have no problem with people speaking their minds about something, and I respect their opinions. I can still tell them to F^&K off if I like, and you can do the same.

Posted on: 2008/6/23 21:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Tom, my post was NOT directed towards you, just so you know.

Posted on: 2008/6/23 21:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Alrighty folks, lets all remain gentlemen.

I know we are all a lot of strong willed folks here that are passionate in their opinions. That being said, I think we have all said our piece, so let us all move on to more constructive lines of conversation.

Posted on: 2008/6/23 22:54
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Richard Taylor
See User information
Amen to that Big Kev !

Posted on: 2008/6/23 23:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
Amen indeed, some common sense at last, I was beginning to think we had time-warped into misc. chat on the AACA site.

Posted on: 2008/6/24 10:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
AL K: The three of us BH, Eric, and myself strongly believe in certain opinions that we have. Sometimes we voice our thoughts on what is happening in other Packard venues. May be not in ways some people like, but we do it to remind everyone in this hobby that not everything is peaches and cream.

The one thing that all three of us like is having been able to get in the ground floor. Helping this website and forum
to grow and out class any other Packard website around.

Your Packard's in the movies list would get a lot more exposure over here on this website than it has over on the PAC website. Have you ever considered donating a copy of that list so it could be posted on this web site.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2008/6/24 18:30
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
John, while the Movie list is a good idea, I wouldnt want to just copy what has already been posted on the PAC site. Similar to why we havent resurrected Brian's Book thread over here yet. The problem with static lists is that they are not easily added to my the user base at large, and I wouldnt want to just use a forum thread for that can get buried over time.

But if you guys had enough interest in this, they we I would create a simple module where you guys could add Movies, Descriptions, and approx time into the film where the sighting occurs. Once it's database driven rather then a static list, then it could be searched and sorted.

If we decide to go down that road if there is enough interest, then AL would be more than welcome to add any listings if he wishes.

Along those lines, I wouldnt mind doing the same type of user-driven listing for to encapsulate Brian's bookthread, where people can at a book listing, and then leave a little review on it. Also people then could leave comments about it.

Those type of database driven list modules are pretty easy to code-up and deploy here on the website. Once I build it once, I can replicate it for any other lists we want to maintain.

Ideas? Comments? Questions? Concerns? Feedback appreciated.

Posted on: 2008/6/25 13:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Kev -

I have all the info I used to create the old Bookshelf thread - and more - for your use, but I'd rather you start another thread to discuss this. Meanwhile, see my PM to you.

Posted on: 2008/6/25 13:23
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved