Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 234

DJP-37-120, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Then and Now
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I would like to share two photos with you. They are of a 22nd series 1949 Custom Sedan. I have used this Packard as the subject of articles and mentioned it in some postings here. The first photo (the black and white) was taken on December 11, 1948. It shows the Custom in the showroom of my father's just completed new dealership building. The second photo was taken on November 1, 2012 and shows the automobile next to the building during the grand opening of the Santa Fe School of Cooking.

The school recently bought the building for its new home. Our family sold the building to the previous owners in 2001. The school did an extensive remodeling of the interior, completely changing the space, but the exterior retains its original look.

I have been in contact with the new owners, providing them with a history of the building, and have an ongoing friendship with the current owner of the Custom. I thought it would be wonderful if the Custom could return to its beginnings to help celebrate a new beginning for the building. The school owners embraced this suggestion and invited the Packard and its owner to the celebration.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (59.60 KB)
565_50e4a1124436b.jpg 989X657 px

jpg  (105.57 KB)
565_50e4a122a3a11.jpg 1280X956 px

Posted on: 2013/1/2 16:24
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Then and Now
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
JW,

That is great, that they saved the building. Here in Fort Worth, they have torndown most of the old dealerships.

Posted on: 2013/1/2 16:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
man thats cool to see!

Posted on: 2013/1/2 16:53
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Hank, Santa Fe has a very active and aggressive historical review board. The building is in the historical district and comes under its jurisdiction. It is not historical in the sense one usually applies to this term, but it is considered to be contributing and as such is subject to preservation regulations and ordinances. It is a steel frame construction of a space frame design with a Quonset Hut style roof and a Pueblo Revival facade on one side. We like to call this style "Early Pueblo Industrial". I think Santa Fe is better off with its emphasis on preserving rather than allowing all kinds of new construction. Glad you enjoyed the then and now photos. Funny how an old car can affect so many lives.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/1/2 18:08
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved