Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 234

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Oil Pressure?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Glad your problem has been resolved and THANKS for coming back and reporting the resolution.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 14:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As Randy said, Thanks for the feedback.

Did you go with an aftermarket sender? If so & if different than the one in the xref, would you let us know the number and any specifics or if mods were needed.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 14:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

LynnFauth
See User information
Went to NAPA and looked at the ECH OP6741, but the threaded tang for sender wire was not like mine; cross reference in NAPA book got me an OP 6613. I put it in, hooked it up, and took a 50 mile drive today--no problems. Thanks again for the help. Now, onto Kanter's to order a front u-joint, after I've measured my driveshaft to make sure I have the JR one.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 17:37
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the info. If Napa's pictures are correct, looks like someone had changed your sender before. Probably put too high a range in and is the reason why the light was on so much of the time. The 6613 is the very low 2-6psi sender with tab terminals like RockAuto mentions. As was mentioned earlier, that value seems a bit on the low side but as long as it works.

Not sure of the pressure range on the original sender but it had a ring terminal on the wire and would have used a sender with stud like the 6741.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 18:20
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved