Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 140

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hidden Briggs body tag on 22nd-23rd series cars...
Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
Hi all,

I think that I know the answer to this, but I have learned to always ask the knowledge base to be sure. I have known/thought that the only Briggs body tags are on the firewall. During my search for a replacement engine (cracked block) I have spoken to many nice individuals who had engines for sale. As I spoke to one individual, we were talking about the body tags and he told me that there is a "hidden body tag" under the rear seat. I think that he said on the driveshaft hump.

I did pull my rear seat. ...and there is no tag there. But as it was cold as heck out in the garage, I didn't pull the rear seat back to reveal that area.

Is anyone aware of a second body tag on these cars?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted on: 2013/1/15 11:45
 Top  Print   

Re: Hidden Briggs body tag on 22nd-23rd series cars...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
a "hidden body tag" under the rear seat

There might be something to that, but that's the first I 've heard of it. If there is such a tag, that would be surprising and very interesting information. Hoping to hear more about this as others go take a look. If indeed someone finds one, a photo of the exact location would be great.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 12:01
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

D-train
See User information
When the weather gets warmer, in about two months, I'll look a little closer.

The only tag that I know of is on the seat bottom itself. I think that they called it the "select-o-seat". ...where you were able to choose the firmness of the seat itself.

Stay warm everyone!

Mark

Posted on: 2013/1/15 12:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
This may help. When I removed the front seat cushion I found a stamped metal tag attached to a seat spring. The tag was stamped with 2252. The car I was parting out was a 48 custom super. It is possible that the car in question had the seat tag fall to the floor under the seat!!!

Posted on: 2013/1/16 13:39
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved