Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 249

John Sauser, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1951 engine and transmission oil leaks
Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
To All & Steve

I'm not all that knowledgeable on the Ultramatic so I can't really provide you with much assistance in answering your questions, but wish you all the luck you may need.

Wanting to get back to everyone on what's happening with my transmission. With the rattle/clunking noise the box was making I wasn't sure on how to handle leak situation. I decided that I would replace the gasket and fill it with Type F ATF fluid, since money wise it was by far the most economical approach. Doing so after draining the transmission I found that it only had about 8 qts. in it. The new pan gasket solve the major leak(s), but to my dismay I found that I ended up with a shift selector seal rather than the downshift seal that I wanted to replace.

I have driven the car some and it appears that the noise is gone. So I'm keeping my fingers cross.

BTW - I decided that I would not go with a 727 conversion and would just spend some of the inheritance that the kids think might be coming their way (hopefully a long way) down the road if that's what it took.

Thanks to everyone for your help and support.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 19:32
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved