Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 200

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Question about "The Production Packard" book
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

flatland
See User information
At the recomendation of a member, I ordered "The Production Packard", that is now back in print. I would first like to congratulate the author on his extensive research and compiling this book. It may be the best money I spend on restoring my 138CD.
Now the question: The book keeps refering to "see the source list". There is no source list included in the book, or as a seperate listing. Does anyone know where to find the list being referred to? I know there is a listing here, but didn't know if that was the one being refered to.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 15:55
 Top  Print   

Re: Question about "The Production Packard" book
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I too had a question about what publication the author was referring. I believe he means "The Packard Source List or Sources of Packard Parts and Services". Sorry, no author name only initials: "JWH". You may be able to buy a copy from the Packard Club (PAC) or Kanter. I have a 2005 copy which came with my 115C when I purchased it in 2006. I hope this helps.

(o{}o)

Here you go.

Reading my copy more closely I see the author's contact information.

James Hill, 1419 College Drive, Emporia, KS 66801-5250 USA, 620-342-4826, E-mail jnrhill@osprey.net

He lists a price of $7 USD for buyers not in the U.S. and Canada.

He is still listed in the PAC directory at this address.

Maybe I should get an updated copy.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:12
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The Jim Hill "Source List" has been around for many years and is in fairly wide distribution. What I don't know is if it's been regularly updated to reflect changes in supply situations or is still the original edition which would be quite old and outdated by now.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 18:20
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

flatland
See User information
Thanks for your response! That info helps make more sense of the book reference. I will check into it.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 19:53
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Flatland,

Jim Hill usually comes to the Texas Packard meet.

Posted on: 2013/2/23 8:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
thanks - I just got the Production Packard book and had the same question. Guess I'll order the one from Jim Hill.

Posted on: 2013/3/5 20:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved