Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 205

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Grey engine paint from Bill Hirsch...
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
There still is certain small amount of uncertainty about this, though if the car is intended for judging, best to keep to what the judging guides call for (grey). The general concencus is that Packard intended all engines beginning with the 22nd series to be grey thru 1954 except for the 359 engine. But every so often a 22nd series appears with a green engine and by all indicators was that way originally; these occurances that I've seen and heard of are early cars and seem to be exclusive to the 356 engine. At least that's the generally accepted view. Others may have more information or different interpretations.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 17:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Grey engine paint from Bill Hirsch...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Some years ago at Perrysburg was a maroon 48 Super. It was some astonishingly low miles and very much untouched. I ran over to look when the owner opened the hood and there were vestiges of grey paint everywhere. It had obviously never been touched, and it was for sure not green.

I think that most of the confusion comes from the fact that for years green was advertised by one or more of the major suppliers as correct. It wasn't.

Posted on: 2013/3/26 17:47
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved