Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
116 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Attaching flexible ducting?
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
Bought new flexible ducting because mine is in the process of falling out and apart. It's a close race.

Can't see anything that indicates how this stuff was anchored. Screws? Rivets? Tape? Liquid nails?

What's the right way?

As you can see from this and other posts, I'm chomping at the bit to be driving my car soon! Soon!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/3/12 19:14
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Re: Attaching flexible ducting?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Have you checked the parts book? If there was a clamp or something it would be listed there. But I believe it's just a snug fit, held by friction. Try a dab of glue if you're not satisfied with a simple slip-on fit.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 19:19
 Top  Print   

Re: Attaching flexible ducting?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
As O_D said, it's mostly friction with a little help from some small raised spots on the metal tubes.

If you look or feel about 3/4" in from the end edges, you should find 3 or 4 small raised bumps around the tubes. The idea is to get the hose to slide onto the tube far enough that a loop of the wire in the hose passes over and catches on the bumps.

If you are careful to make sure the fabric at the hose edge doesn't fold over on the inside so the cloth increases the hose thickness and then slide it on evenly, it can be done. It can also need choice vocabulary and be an exercise in patience at times.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 19:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved