Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
236 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 233

53 Cavalier, DavidPackard, Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Weeding out the garage
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hooberitz
See User information
Any suggestions out there on sorting out the garage? Truly overwhelming. Looks like stuff has been accumulating for 195 years. Put a "FREE" sign out in front of my house--man you would not believe the eager beavers I reeled in, I tell you what! Got gobs of wheels. Even more radiators. Found a front end thingy for something that isn't even Packard--what the hell? Oh, yeah, literature. Paper stacked up literally to the ceiling, in the garage--hope the fire warden doesn't come by. Stacks and stacks of hub caps, beauty rings that are just too big to be Packard. Honestly, after 3 hours, I had to come in the house to lie down, I was just overwhelmed. Any suggestions on how to get this stuff organized and clear the clutter are welcome. I need intervention.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 21:38
 Top  Print   

Re: Weeding out the garage
Home away from home
Home away from home

patgreen
See User information
If you figure it out, by all means tell us how....

Posted on: 2013/3/14 1:35
When two men ride the same horse, one has to be in the back...
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
My name's Bobby, and I'm a pack rat too.

What works for me...and grab hold of something sturdy, this is hard for guys like us...is to have dumpster therapy. Get yourself a dumpster delivered to the driveway, and begin to THROW OUT everything that's of no value to you now and is basically irrelevant except for the vague reassurance it provides..you know, "I might need this someday". Honestly, how often have you saved some bit of esoterica and actually been able to remember you had it, and/or find it, nevertheless actually use it?

Posted on: 2013/3/14 3:49
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Any Packard items in the way?

Posted on: 2013/3/14 8:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim McDermaid
See User information
Stick it on eBay, get some money, buy more stuff.

It helps keep you off the streets :)

Maybe you should get "Pickers" to come over.

Jim

Posted on: 2013/3/14 10:21
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
....and begin to THROW OUT everything that's of no value to you now....

"now" is the operative word.

For those like me, no matter what it is and when it gets tossed, a week or two later you will have found something to use exactly that item on. Spend all day tearing the garage apart looking for it only to finally remember where it went. As to how often, too often. I'll leave my cluttered garage for the heirs -- besides, it's so much fun to spend an hour looking for something almost in plain sight but halfway covered up with something else.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 11:21
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
HH56

My experience and words also.

Tom

Posted on: 2013/3/14 14:07
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

tabletennissport
See User information
Sounds like a perfect case for the Flackmaster. I'm sure he'll help you sort it out if you ask him nicely.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 18:38
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hooberitz
See User information
The Flackmaster? Boy, I sure hear a lot about him. Every time I have seen the guy he's got a face peppered with prickles, and he always seems so determined. Smart guy, very confident, knows his stuff. Grabbed me out of trouble more than once. His wife is absolutely gorgeous--just cannot get over how he hit the ball out of the park on that one. She is incredibly supportive of his hobby, really likes his friends, let's him go all over the world on Packard Play Dates with his buddies, does not interfere. I understand he is down under in Australia now with his mates on some Interplanetary Packard Rally--must be noice! Seems to me a perfect time to raid Flackmaster's garage. I will give her a call and see what is up. Any suggestions on what I should say?

I progressed a bit more on the project this morning. Had some more takers with my free sign. If you cannot figure out how to recycle, just put out a free sign. Amazing.

Bored as hell here...my beer is nearly empty.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 21:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
So no Packard parts?

Posted on: 2013/3/14 21:41
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved