Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 208

Ozstatman, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Booster scuttlebutt
Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
Abs power brake on their online catalog p 116 has some booster options ,on the top right there is a pic of an electric booster with a bracket The bracket ,which supports a pendulum pedal could be sold mounted to the universal firewall mount vacumb booster pictured at the bottom of the page
You could then mount this in the driver side vent hole
The other option is to mount ,pictured on the
Ottom left a dual chamber master booster that fits under the floor board on the frame It has a long rod so it seems like it would fit farther back and be out of the way of the oil pan ,so to keep that nice vent ,they sell a wheel kit for the front discs
I think kanter resells their kits
I'm thinking of this mod when the engine comes out for her rebuild and am collecting my thoughts on the best tackle

Posted on: 2013/3/25 8:04
 Top  Print   

Re: Booster scuttlebutt
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Electroboost has been installed on 3 or 4 V8's that have been mentioned on the forum. Other than a slight whirring noise when brakes are applied, believe the owners are happy with the units. If your car has been converted to 12v then always an option. It is the most expensive conversion at around $1200 for just the booster unit.

The vent approach has also been discussed. Don't know if anyone has used new components with the universal hanging pedal though. One V8 owner made a complete bracket and pedal assy to mount his firewall unit higher than the vent -- more like most other cars typical location near the top. His plans, part list and some photos are in the forums. That approach should work just as well on the older cars.

I don't know if anyone has done the under floor approach with a vacuum booster yet. It's been thought about though. I think there is a prewar car with a booster on the frame but still more forward toward the engine compartment. If you try the farther back route, one question (or maybe it's been an obstacle) has been if the frame is deep enough in the desired location. Believe on a couple of cars it was decided it wasn't. If you go that way, am sure others would like to hear all the details.

Posted on: 2013/3/25 8:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved