Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
234 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 232

Don B, curpack, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'39 Sr Horn Button
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Horn Button is made up of 3 parts; outer ring/plastic - copper cup - emblem. How do u get those apart?

Posted on: 2013/4/2 16:55
 Top  Print   

Re: '39 Sr Horn Button
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Any chance it is similar to some of the prewar and immediate postwar Clippers. If someone confirms it is, I have photos of that setup available to post. Ones I'm thinking of appears at first look to be part of the horn ring. Has a thin metal stamped & chromed ring about 1/8" wide holding an inner clear plastic disc with emblem which lays over a thin colored disc providing the background.

Attach file:

jpg  (34.33 KB)
209_515b69da479e7.jpg 620X640 px

Posted on: 2013/4/2 18:30
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packardbarry
See User information
Go here www.yesterdaysradio.com/pdfs/catalog.pdf to page 8. Think the plastic outer ring we have is HB01D. On the underside all i see is a copper cup so assuming the cup comes out somehow and theres screws under; but ASSUMEs a bad word.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33118419@N05/3556511947/

Posted on: 2013/4/3 10:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Maybe Jerry at Yesterday's radio would have a suggestion. His catalog says that disc shown is held by adhesive. Wonder if it's just his repro or the original as well.

Probably another no use photo but this is from a 1943 service counselor and just says deluxe wheel. No idea how many years back used the wheel. Since there are a lot of common horn ring and wheel parts between 16-20 series maybe something looks familiar or is the same as a 39.

Attach file:

jpg  (42.23 KB)
209_515c5868e17c0.jpg 657X386 px

Posted on: 2013/4/3 11:27
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved