Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 229

39Rollson, Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

30s Convertible top Molding
Just popping in
Just popping in

Luckykat32
See User information
I have a 37 conv 115 & there was no molding / weatherstripping on it so I bought it online, but it didnt come with directions and I can't seam to find a single picture to show how it was installed, online.
The molding is to fill the gap between the top of the window & the bottom of the top, as well as the piece that goes between the top & the top of the windshield, as seen circled in the picture below:

Resized Image
Does anyone have a convertible (36-39) that they wouldnt mind sending me or posting close up pictures of the rubber molding used & how its installed?
Can anyone direct me to some pictures or installation directions online?

Thanks

Posted on: 2013/6/5 19:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 30s Convertible top Molding
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Dear Lucky:

The parts book sold it as a unit, but I believe what you need are the plated metal channels that the weatherstrip is mounted in. If you look at you top bows you should see some screw holes unless the wood is new and doesn't have them yet.

Hope this helps

Posted on: 2013/6/5 22:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I looked at the top of my 115C Convertible Coupe. There is a groove in top's header that fits over the windshield frame. There is no weather stripping there. No molding or weather stripping between the top and the top of the door window frames. My car does have some flaps that snap into the top frame to help close the gap between the top of the door window and top. I never use them. There is a molding and weather stripping section for the back of the door windows. Hope this helps.

(o{}o)

Here are some photos. The first shows the groove in the top's header where it goes over the windshield frame. The second shows the top closed and how the top-windshield joint looks. The third is the bright metal molding and weather strip for the back of the door window. The fourth is a photo of the molding with the top erected. The fifth photo shows the bright metal molding without the weather stripping. Hope this helps.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (87.07 KB)
565_51bb2a129deae.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (94.89 KB)
565_51bb2a2c249c6.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (89.30 KB)
565_51bb2a4d07003.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (93.65 KB)
565_51bb2a68c1fb9.jpg 1280X960 px

jpg  (72.46 KB)
565_51bb2a8115a19.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2013/6/13 16:57
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
LuckyKat32, were my photos and explanation any help?

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/6/20 12:45
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Luckykat32
See User information
Thanks for the pictures & sorry about the delay... with your pictures I ended up getting a foam rubber insert with adhesive on one side & sticking it in the convertible top groove so it seals with the window better...so far so good...& no water inside!

Posted on: 2014/1/27 20:29
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved