Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
187 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 186

r1lark, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Brake light switch
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
I have two questions about the brake light switch on my 1954 Clipper. 1. Can it be removed and reinstalled without draining the brake fluid? 2. Who stocks this switch presently?
Driving the car regularly, but found the brake lights were not working today.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 8:12
 Top  Print   

Re: Brake light switch
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Extremely common switch, if you have a NAPA nearby it's a SL-134, about $12. Yes, you can almost always remove and install without loosing any fluid and without the need to bleed the brakes after installation. A good idea to, as you remove the old one, have the new one at hand to make the switch quickly.

Have you confirmed the problem is the switch?

Posted on: 2013/6/15 8:17
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

John Rogers
See User information
I replaced my switch with the recommended napa replacement. The level of the brake fluid stayed right at the top of the nozzle. I now have brake lights!

It worked fine. It would be cool if you had a 6 sided 1" socket to turn it or a crow foot. There is not quite enough room for an end wrench to turn it easily (although that is what I used.) The switch has rounded off corners so that a regular 12 pt socket doesn't drive it.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 8:34
John Series 23 Super 8
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Thanks to each of you for the info. I appreciate the timely and detailed responses.

Posted on: 2013/6/15 12:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Installed switch, works great. Installed driver's side mirror and a day night rear view mirror. Now people can see that I am stopping and I can see they are stopping!

Posted on: 2013/6/24 11:35
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved