Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 222

William Grosz, todd landis, BigKev, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Wing window same 51-54?
Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
I was curious if anyone knew if the drivers front wing window is the same for 51-54 I picked one up a while back and now that I'm set to put it in I find that the window is very delaminated and also tinted. So off to find another. Just making sure that the years are all the same so if I order one other than my year 51 it will fit.

Posted on: 2013/7/21 23:40
 Top  Print   

Re: Wing window same 51-54?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
51-4 are all the same. But wouldn't it be easier to just take the thing to a glass shop and have new glass put in? My glass shop will even do it on the car.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 5:51
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
I agree with Ross-I have done 2-came up with a pattern-got the glass shop to cut the glass and put it in. Also cheaper

Posted on: 2013/7/22 8:27
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

oregonstan
See User information
How much did it cost for the glass? I already have the wing removed from the car. I didn't know if that would look funy to have one new glass and the rest originals.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 8:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
It was in the range of 10-20-I donot remember the exact number. I used a glue they recommended. If you already have the frame out it makes it easier. I would make a pattern for future use.

Posted on: 2013/7/22 10:23
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved