Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

HEADLINER QUESTION
Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Has anyone directly glued the foam backed headliner material to the roof insulation on their Packard? I am considering doing this instead of using the bows. Comments?

Posted on: 2013/7/23 21:59
 Top  Print   

Re: HEADLINER QUESTION
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
The only thing I can say is that I've got a 1995 Lincoln Town Car with OEM "glued back foam headliner" and feel like "Chicken Little" every time I get in the car. The glue doesn't like changes in temperature over time. Doesn't much care for humidity either. So much so, I've been toying with the idea of replacing my headliner with fabric using bows. If you really go through with this, I might be interested in your discarded bows?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 0:27
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also you really need a layer of insulation (as the factory did) between the roof and the headliner.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 14:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

WILLIS BIRKS
See User information
Kevin:

I am installing the foil insulation that was shown in your Blog first. I was wondering if I could glue to that material directly?

Posted on: 2013/7/24 17:47
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I just don't think its going to look that great especially where it comes to the body rails above the doors and the panel above visors. Buy a presewn headliner and install it with the bows

Posted on: 2013/7/24 23:38
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

davegnh
See User information
On the subject of headliners, how difficult are they to install? My 22nd series had mice get in the headliner and I can't get rid of the smell. I haven't done anything about it because I am afraid of re-installing the headliner--Any suggestions?

Posted on: 2013/7/25 10:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Find a rental place that has an Ozone Machine. When I was in the detail buiness we had several dealerships that we detailed their used cars for to get rid of cigarette smoke smell. The machine is about the size of a tank style vacuum cleaner. You stick it inside the car set the timer and close up the car. I had one "barn find" car come in that just reeked. We had to run it for about 8 hours but it did the trick. The car will smell of ozone when done but that will disapate. It's the same principle Fire/smoke Restoration companies use in their ozone rooms to rid furniture and clothes of smoke damage. They aren't that expensive to rent or shouldn't be.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 11:55
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
Try Febreeze from the grocery store. It was developed for pet smells. Initially it didn't sell because it didn't have a perfume so people didn't think they were doing anything.

Also, go through the seats because they will really stink.

Posted on: 2013/7/25 18:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bobby
See User information
Dave, either buy or rent one of those fabric steam cleaners..you know "The Clean Green Machine", etc., that shoots out cleaner solution while simultaneously vacuuming it (and the crud) back into the machine.

Posted on: 2013/7/27 9:28
1954 black Patrician, unrestored, mostly original, minty!!
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved