Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 149

37Blanche, 109settle, DavidM, Paul E. Gallagher, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

39 Junior Defroster tubes
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Finishing putting the 39 120 back together finally. One of the missing items was the defroster tubes. After searching the parts stores, I found that a carb heat tube worked nicely. The tube is a "Mighty Flow! preheater tube, 1-3/4" dia by 18". Found it at CarQuest. It fits on the defroster nozzles under the dash fine as long as you secure the tube with aluminum tape, as the nozzle is smaller than 1-3/4". I think a hose clamp would also work.

I'll go see if I can find the Packard part number to cross it to. This should work on the 38-41 models as well.

Posted on: 2013/7/24 15:44
 Top  Print   

Re: 39 Junior Defroster tubes
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Good to know of local options. 21st series also used 1 3/4 defroster tubing so that would be an appropriate item for them as well -- although 18" might be a tight stretch to the drivers side.

If longer is needed, while not the original fabric type hose and is slightly thicker, McMaster-Carr has a relatively low cost dust collection hose that looks halfway correct. Sold in 5'lengths. I found it was also a bit loose so a clamp or tape on the defroster outlet side would be a good idea.

Attach file:

jpg  (10.19 KB)
209_51f045cb096d1.jpg 312X269 px

Posted on: 2013/7/24 16:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 39 Junior Defroster tubes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dell
See User information
gates 23828 (think thats the number) 1 3/4x6 works great. dell

Posted on: 2013/7/24 19:39

35-1200 touring sedan
42-110 convertible coupe
48-2293 station sedan
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved