Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 163

Todd W. White, Alvin14, humanpotatohybrid, Gary Kulp, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 cable routing question
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Dumb questions but I don't have any photos with these details.

I have a clip on the frame (blue arrow) that I think has always been there. Can't remember any wiring located on the passenger side frame so I think it might be for the speedo cable. Can anyone confirm that and if not, what?

The OD lockout cable ends in the "U" clamp on cross member. Are there any other clamps or clips between there and the firewall opening above the engine?

Attach file:

jpg  (44.05 KB)
209_5203b3c2ee3a5.jpg 640X537 px

Posted on: 2013/8/8 10:05
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 cable routing question
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard - I wish my 47 was at home so I could take a look and see how it is. I don't think my speedo cable is fastened to the frame, but it could be. The best I can do now is in the attached photo. Obviously, the two large brackets are for the return hose from the underseat heater.

(o{}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (33.19 KB)
565_5203c4dcb5c1a.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/8/8 11:19
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Here is a cell phone photo of the speedometer cable and clip in a (ready for restoration) '47 Super Clipper. The same clip and location was confirmed on three other cars; the speedo cable was loose on two Customs and attached (underneath the heater hoses) on a Deluxe 8. Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  (81.06 KB)
1936_5203cd6ab57c2.jpg 1280X1031 px

Posted on: 2013/8/8 11:57
Dan
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the photos. No small holes in the firewall and no clips were hanging on the footwarmer bolts either. I'll have to come up with something to hold the cables once things are positioned.

Posted on: 2013/8/8 22:35
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved