Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 419 420 421 (422) 423 424 425 ... 498 »

Re: Various CL Pickings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I never saw a 1956 Clipper Deluxe with connected side trim and understood that they were available only in two-color or solid color. Was getting the joined trim an option?

Posted on: 2022/1/13 0:52
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
I've seen the connected trim on two-tones and two non-connected strips, one front and one rear, on monotones, but I'm not claiming expertise

Posted on: 2022/1/13 8:48
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Are my eyes deceiving me?
Does it have deluxe on the driver side, and super on the passenger side front fenders?

Posted on: 2022/1/13 14:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

56Clippers
See User information
Your eyes do not deceive you. It has Super on the dash and has Super trim in the sides. Hmmm.

Posted on: 2022/1/13 15:10
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
This nice original '53 Cavalier just turned up on the AACA Forum:
https://forums.aaca.org/topic/373329-for-sale-1953-packard-cavalier-extremely-solid-and-original-warsaw-ny-not-mine/#comment-2318816

It's located about 25 miles from me, if anyone wants it inspected, send me a PM and I will go check it out for you and give you a report.

Steve

This poor '56 Patrician refugee from the big recent auction in nearby Utica. Although badly deteriorated but with A/C, note the serial number: 5682-4760, fifteen cars from the last Detroit Packard 5682-4775:
https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/westerlo-1956-packard-patrician/7425164599.html

Posted on: 2022/1/13 17:56
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

56Clippers wrote:
Your eyes do not deceive you. It has Super on the dash and has Super trim in the sides. Hmmm.

It looks to have a 'Deluxe' script on the driver's side fender, and a 'Super' script on the passenger side fender. Double hmmm

Posted on: 2022/1/13 18:34
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
@Steve, what is the latest produced known Packard? How many between 4760 and 4775 are known?

Posted on: 2022/1/13 22:55
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Garrett:

There was an article in the "Cormorant News Bulletin" years ago on surviving late number cars. Going on memory here, the latest known was a 400 hardtop 5687-4224. There was also a late Clipper as well, I don't recall the details. The last Caribbean convertible is well known and has been in the club for years.

The roster keeper could answer this question better. I do know that so far, the last car, a dark blue Patrician 5682-4775 isn't known to survive. One can only hope it's still out there.

Steve

Posted on: 2022/1/14 12:55
.....epigram time.....
Proud 1953 Clipper Deluxe owner. Thinking about my next Packard, want a Clipper Deluxe Eight, manual shift with overdrive.
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information

Posted on: 2022/1/21 8:20
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

r1lark
See User information
Quote:

The CL ad for the '47 shows no interior pics at all.......wanna guess why? Don't think Wat will be interested in this one, since Fred turns her nose up at 6-cylinders.

The '38 sedan is priced that high because it has the rare experimental "aluminum engine" in it that was installed in that car by mistake.

The '40 is gorgeous!

Posted on: 2022/1/21 11:45
Paul
www.studebakerskytop.com
 Top  Print 

« 1 ... 419 420 421 (422) 423 424 425 ... 498 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved