Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
220 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 219

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Caribbean 1955 Rear Fender Moulding
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Walter Schoepf
See User information
I am missing the lower rear fender moulding on the passenger side. The moulding extends from the curtsey light back to the tail light assembly and is a 84 1/4" long piece. In the parts book it is listed under section 30.7925 and part#469670-71 It mention that this part is for the 5588, 5587 and 5582 which is the Patrician. But the patrician is a four door car and therefore the moulding would be a different length. I am not sure what to make of it or am I looking at the wrong part.?
Anyway, is this moulding available anywhere and or is it interchangeable for example from the Packard 400?
Also thanks to everyone for the help so far.
Walter

Posted on: 2013/8/20 11:53
 Top  Print   

Re: Caribbean 1955 Rear Fender Moulding
Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Walt,

I believe you are correct about the lower 1/4 stainless being the same on the 400 and Caribbean. Double check the numbers, and make sure about those numbers. Could they be the rocker stainless mouldings?

Posted on: 2013/8/20 13:07
 Top  Print   

Re: Caribbean 1955 Rear Fender Moulding
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Quote:
In the parts book it is listed under section 30.7925 and part #469670-71 It mention that this part is for the 5588, 5587 and 5582 which is the Patrician. But the patrician is a four door car and therefore the moulding would be a different length. I am not sure what to make of it or am I looking at the wrong part.?

Terminology gets confusing as ALL of the rear fender moldings (below the beltline) are lumped into this one grouping. So, you have to study any additional descriptive text that's provided for each application listing.

Also, the locations are indentifed by relative position, but still a bit confusing. While the 55-56 Carib and 56 400 and Pat have three (3) locations: lower, center, and upper. the 55 400 and Pat have only two (2) locations: lower and upper.

P/N 469670-71 is actually the lower molding that runs aft of the rear wheel opening and is used on 55 AND 56 Carib, 400 and Pat - some call it a gravel shield.

The spear that runs aft of the bottom of the courtesy light is labelled as a center molding for 55-56 Caribbean and 56 400 (and Pat), but labelled as an upper on 55 400 (and Pat) because there is no fender molding above it that year. Of course, because the correpsonding molding for the Pat IS shorter, it has a separate application listing with unique P/Ns (RT-LT).

The lower rear fender moulding on the passenger (RT) side for a 55-56 Carib is, therefore, P/N 469212 - same as used in that physical location on 55 and 56 400.

Check with you favorite vendor. IIRC, Chirco had these reproed some years ago; I have no experience with quality, but they are (were) pricey. Mike Dulinski might have a serviceable used one.

Posted on: 2013/8/20 19:40
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved