Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

I feel like Jimmy Durante!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

zougeride
See User information
I always feel like Jimmy Durante when I ask the following questions. He always sang "First I think I do and then I think I don't!!!"

On e-Bay I discovered an Old.parts offering of a "new" master brake cylinder for a 1949 Packard. Asking price $124.99, location of company Montivlle, New Jersey.

Question 1 is price. Is the above a fair one?

Question 2 is who is the seller. Is this part of the Kanter empire for selling parts on line?

Question 3 concerns rebuilds. Is it better to send my old master cylinder off for a rebuild. If so, to whom?

Dealing with acquiring parts and finding rebuilders is a new game for me and I am attempting not to put a foot too wrong.

Thanking you in advance for your advice and opinions.

Zougeride now in "Exotic" Tomball, Texas and not in Guanajuato, Guanajuato, Mexico!!!

Posted on: 2013/9/5 8:56
 Top  Print   

Re: I feel like Jimmy Durante!!!
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, I think the price is reasonable, especially in that it's a fairly limited market and represents a fairly significant investment to manufacture. It's a fresh, new part and I know of many folks you have bought and installed them - and yes, I'm quite sure it's a Kanter offering. Assuming a good core with a good bore suitable for honing (or a sleeved bore) and quality internal parts, a rebuilt master is just as serviceable as a new unit.

Posted on: 2013/9/5 9:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved