Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
160 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 160

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1939 Packard 6 4-door assemlby
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

JIMO
See User information
Recently purchased a '39 6 4-door disassembled. Trying to find where the parts to the right of the pictured grill assembly belong. The two leaning against the wall seem to duplicates of the side panels of the grill assembly. The parts on the floor seem to be (or might be) fender braces ?
Would appreciate any input, can't seem to match anything up, whether they are hood pieces, or back/front fendor braces, or even belong to this vehicle. Thanks

Attach file:

jpg  (125.88 KB)
13161_52334717404f0.jpg 1280X930 px

Posted on: 2013/9/13 12:11
 Top  Print 

Re: 1939 Packard 6 4-door assemlby
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

mendocino38
See User information
Hi there, I have a '38 6 cylinder (very similar car) and the pieces on the floor sure look like fender braces. Maybe you have a couple of extras if they are all exactly the same. Pieces against the wall also look like extras. I'm definitely not any sort of expert, but looking at mine that's what I would say.

Maybe someone else here can back that up.

My car also came to me in pieces...nothing labeled, in boxes and coffee cans. Fortunately it was cheap. So far no extra pieces...just a couple of missing pieces...like some sanity and sleep. Loving it though. Got any pictures of your car?

good luck!

-mendo

Posted on: 2013/9/13 17:44
 Top  Print 

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

JIMO
See User information
Thanks for the response, any chance of sending some pictures of where the braces go, I've tried matching to existing holes and nothing seems to line up, I don't know if the ends have been bent into different angles thru disassembly or storage. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 7:59
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
My 39 120 has the same fender braces, and some of them have the right angle bend at the end. I'll shoot some photos later today.

Posted on: 2013/9/15 8:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

39SixSedanMan
See User information
I think this topic could be moved to the Pre War forum.

Posted on: 2013/9/19 11:35
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved