Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
156 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 156

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

rear seat windshield
Home away from home
Home away from home

1OF750
See User information
Hi

anyone know where to get these?

Attach file:

jpg  (47.14 KB)
6663_523c922dc8dc8.jpg 800X529 px

Posted on: 2013/9/20 13:21
 Top  Print   

Re: rear seat windshield
Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
try Sommer (American Arrow)

Posted on: 2013/9/20 14:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You don't say for what year Packard. Some years back there was a very limited reproduction of the rear windscreen for the 48-50 convertibles. If I can recall who made them, I'll post it here. But if you're looking for one for the 36 and earlier phaetons, yes - American Arrow is one place to try.

Posted on: 2013/9/20 15:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
I think those 48-50 windshields were done by Jack Bein.

As for those tonneau windshields they help with the top up, but forget about avoiding drafts with the top down. The genuine Tonneau brand had a canvas shield and could be moved all the back to the passenger seat. It was quite elaborate and unsightly so I always preferred the plain robe rail.

The only touring car I drove that was good for high speed with the top down was the speedster because the windshield comes back over the driver. The other open cars are good to around 20-25 mph for rear seat passengers and 35-40 for the front seat. 20 mph and lower with the front windshield folded. The Caddy 12 and 16 really buffet the front seat passengers over 40 mph as well. The dual cowl is better and good to 35-40 for rear seat passengers, but the second windshield in the Caddy 12s and 16s is a joke.

Same thing with town cars. Great around town, but over 25mph you get blown around like a leaf in a hurricane and have to put the canopy in place.

Posted on: 2013/9/20 16:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Yes, I believe it was the late Jack Behn (not Bein) that had some of the 48-50 convertible windscreens done, they were based on an original one that Bob Skop (also sadly no longer with us) had found. They weren't particular attractive or easy to get in and out of the back seat with, IMO. I guess I don't need to post pictures - all who might be interested have seen them?

Posted on: 2013/9/20 17:22
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved