Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
235 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 233

Ozstatman, Peter Packard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

water flange
Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Inside the block water flange is a brass ring that sits just above the thermostat. Can this brass ring be removed or is it permanently pressed into the flange?
Thanks gents,
Mark

Posted on: 2013/10/10 0:21
 Top  Print   

Re: water flange
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Mark - Never seen a ring, but it could have been put there to serve the same purpose as the sleeve which is normally used. The sleeve inside the thermostat housing is removable. Its job is to hold the thermostat in place. Later models used a spring wire to secure the thermostat.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/10/10 10:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If by a "block water flange" you mean the thermostat housing, then JW gives you the answer.

Posted on: 2013/10/10 12:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Graber
See User information
Thanks guys. After an overnight soak in Evaporust I see that it is indeed a sleeve with the end of it in brass and the sides made of steel which has rusted itself nicely to the cast iron housing. I don't think the sleeve is going to come out without destroying it.
I see that the steel part of the sleeve is available from Max. I appreciate the help figuring this out.
Mark

Posted on: 2013/10/10 18:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved