Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
177 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 176

37Blanche, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Heater valve capillary tube
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
One of the items that has escaped my memory and doesn't appear in any of the photos that I took is the heater valve capillary tube. I'm hoping someone can tell me the correct routing of the tube.

Thanks, Jeff

Attach file:

jpg  (84.59 KB)
5012_52577f63f0b39.jpg 950X713 px

Posted on: 2013/10/10 23:33
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater valve capillary tube
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There were some changes in location. Check out this counselor article, page 105https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/SC/SC-VOL21NO22.pdf and see if it is applicable to your car.

Packard changed to a different valve with a different tube sometime after production started so it may not be applicable. On your square plenum cover or box, is there a small opening air can blow out anywhere. Later units thru 56 had a rectangular hole where the warm air would blow directly on the tube.

Posted on: 2013/10/11 8:36
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Heater valve capillary tube
Home away from home
Home away from home

bigmoparjeff
See User information
Thanks Howard, That's exactly what I needed. My glove box does have the clips installed on it to secure the tube. I just noticed those clips two days ago, and was thinking that they were there to hold wires in place.

Jeff

Posted on: 2013/10/11 11:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved