Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
213 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 212

Mr.D, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: 1948 Deluxe Woodgrain
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Looking at the kick panel in this car - Mine has been recovered and does not have the chrome strip - just the round grill with the bar across it Anyone know which is correct ? Thanks

Posted on: 2013/12/19 2:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
According to the Facts Book and the Parts Manual, the Deluxe Eight didn't come with the additional scuff panel or the chrome piece that outlined it. The additional chrome was found starting with the Supers. In the Deluxe there was a chrome grill that was mounted with the bar horizontal to the ground. I'm basing this strictly on the factory information. I can't find any photos of an original 22nd series Deluxe Eight cowl panel.

Edit (found a factory illustration):

Attach file:

jpg  (15.12 KB)
188_52b313c33b1c9.jpg 419X284 px

Posted on: 2013/12/19 10:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Thank you JD - I guess mine is correct then- except, it has the bar mounted vertically. I can change it back to horizontal.

Posted on: 2013/12/19 11:14
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Jack Lindholme
See User information
I agree that it must have been a very rare option. My brother bought a 22nd series 49 super 8 with the "driftwood" grey
finished dashboard in 1955 or 1956. It was the only one I had ever seen up to that point, except I saw another in a junk yard in Illinois in 1957 or 1958. Rare indeed

Posted on: 2013/12/19 22:24
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

John Brinegar
See User information
Has anyone tried to remove paint on top of woodgrain. Also, what color was the inside of the glove box door ? Mine is painted over (48 Deluxe) Thanks

Posted on: 2014/3/27 0:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved