Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
250 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 250

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Chasing Classic Cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
This morning on "Chasing Classic Cars" there was a segment on an elderly Packard owner in Conn. who had a lovely 37 12 cylinder convertible with a rumble seat. They got it running, but the attorney representing the estate took sealed bids and it sold to someone in CA for about $200,000. Beautiful car - there was also what appeared to be a nice 55 or 56 senior car as well.

Posted on: 2013/12/11 22:08
 Top  Print   

Re: Chasing Classic Cars
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Harley
See User information
David

That car belonged to Johnny Peterson a long time member of the late Eastern Packard Club. He had that car since the early 50's. It was completely painted and reupholstered about 1953 for the princely sum of $900.

Johnny caravanned with the late Jack Behn and myself (and co drivers!) from Connecticut to Warren for Packard Centennial in 1999. Jack led the way in his '41 180 formal driving well over the speed limit, as he usually did. John was pretty funny when he bought gas, he could't understand why the car was getting only 9 mpg instead of 10

John crashed in my hotel room for a few nights, he was as excited as a little kid. A number of the classic era Packards in the Magnum Opus had belonged to him at some point.

His green '56 Patrician and cream '53 convertible had recently been on ebay. I last saw him at the final Eastern Packard Club dinner in October of 2012. He was feeling his age a little more than I would have liked. I am very pleased the sale of the Twelve is able to support him so well financially

Regards

John Harley

Posted on: 2013/12/11 22:26
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
My wife was watching it and gave me green light to buy one; she fell in love with it! I don't think I'm ready yet to spend 200k. Maybe some day in the future...

Posted on: 2013/12/12 8:38
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
That estate story sounds like TV bxllshxt. When do lawyers - especially estate lawyers - tell the truth about anything? I hate that TV show and don't watch it.

It's so typically American. Somebody who doesn't know how to change a spark plug running a TV show about cars.

Reminds me of when there was somebody from Hollywood running the country and telling everybody to believe anything so long as it wasn't true.

Posted on: 2013/12/12 11:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved