Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
150 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

Alvin14, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

47 Clipper door weatherstrip profile
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Restoration Specialties and Steel both have door weatherstrip profiles which they say are used postwar and would appear to be appropriate for the 47 sedan -- but the applications seem to overlap and profiles are quite different. Did they use both on the same car and if so, does anyone know where the individual patterns were used? If not both, does anyone have any known good original or a car they could examine where there might still be a decent spot not all mashed out of shape.

Here are the offerings with a photo at the top of the best piece I could find off my car. As mashed as it is, near as I can tell a single profile was used thruout and am leaning toward the bottom profiles in this photo with the more rounded larger edge as probably correct. After getting some weatherstrip for the 56 which now requires slamming the door to close, would appreciate some second opinions before I buy this time.

Attach file:

jpg  (27.72 KB)
209_5390905f952e1.jpg 500X495 px

Posted on: 2014/6/5 10:46
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 Clipper door weatherstrip profile
Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Howard-I think the pictures I sent you are the bottom right-mine maybe a replacement. They seem to be in very good shape.

Posted on: 2014/6/5 18:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 47 Clipper door weatherstrip profile
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks. Yours is another confirmation. Mike sent a message saying he bought a door kit from Steele that was a good match. That piece on the right appears to be the one Steele includes with his door WS kit.

The confusion arises because Restoration, MMP and Steele all show the other also for a 47. In the "customized" list Steele offers showing all rubber used for a particular year, he has that V shaped profile as part of the list. Trying to decide if they both are used in 47 somewhere or just the rounded one.

Posted on: 2014/6/5 18:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved