Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 154

37Blanche, custo eight, TxGoat, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'36 Standard Eight fuel pump questions.......
Just popping in
Just popping in

Needy '36
See User information
All: I have several questions pertaining to a '36 Standard Eight fuel pump:

1) What is the overall length of the fuel pump ACTIVATION ROD?

2) Were the Super Eight and/or Twelve rods different?

3) I'd appreciate a posting of a photo looking down upon the fuel pump as installed in the car. Also a photo of the rod, if you have one out, would help. (A '35 Standard Eight is probably the same.......?????). Thanks, Bill. (petrofanz@comcast.net)

Posted on: 2014/6/12 19:22
 Top  Print   

Re: '36 Standard Eight fuel pump questions.......
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Needy, I have a 34 Eight, same fuel pump as your and I do have a spare rod that I will measure and photograph for you tomorrow. I'll also check the parts book to see if the Eight and Super Eight used the same rod. The Twelve has an entirely different arrangement.

By the way, your car is NOT a Standard Eight, it's simply an Eight. The prefix Standard was last used in 1932 as part of the proper name for the smaller 8 cylinder series.

PS: 33/34 Eight and Super 8 use the same push rod. 35/36 Eight and Super Eight use the same rod but different than 33/34 so my measurements won't be of use to you. I don't have the parts lists to check but since the 37/38 Super 8 is essentially the same engine as the 36 Eight, they may well use the same rod; 39 Super is a different pump and may well have a different rod - someone with the later parts books can check these things for you.

Posted on: 2014/6/12 19:57
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved