Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
133 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Hydraulic lifts on closed models?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Has anyone ever run across a 48-50 closed Packard (either a coupe or sedan) that Packard (or a coachbuilder) modified to use their hydraulic power window setup? I know the convertibles came with this feature standard. Wondering if any of the high end clientele saw the power windows on the convertibles and wanted them for their closed car?

Posted on: 2014/8/4 19:24
 Top  Print   

Re: Hydraulic lifts on closed models?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
According to Robert Neal's book and the parts manual, in addition to the 22-23 convertibles the hydraulic windows and seats were available on 23rd series 2352 Custom and 2372 Deluxe Super 8 sedans. I would expect a few would have wanted the option.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 19:48
Howard
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

dadoc
See User information
I have seen one Custom and one Deluxe on e-bay over the years with hydraulics--they must not have been very popular. The Henney funeral cars and ambulances did have them, however.

Posted on: 2014/8/4 22:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Interesting. Thanks for the replies!

Has anyone ever seen a 40's era vehicle that had electric power windows - not limiting replies to just Packards? wondering what kind of a trick it would be to install such a system. Probably not worth the trouble, but curious.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 15:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I know of at least 3 1941 Packard models that have been converted to electric power windows. I believe the motors were Jeep Cherokee and a 12-volt motorcycle battery hidden in the trunk which only requires charging from a trickle charger a couple of times a year to do the job. I'm not aware that any prewar car that had electric power windows as a factory installation.

Posted on: 2014/8/6 16:15
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved