Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 226

Steve, moodydavid16, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

5588 2x4 v.s. 5682
Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
I got the Caribbean engine home in the wee hours this morning and she is a beauty. Give the fact that my Patrician had its 374 swapped for an un stamped 352, I am seriously considering dropping in the Rebuilt 352 2x4 Intake.

Thoughts????

Attach file:

jpg  (30.14 KB)
17226_53eff4c9132fd.jpg 547X358 px

Posted on: 2014/8/16 19:16
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Re: 5588 2x4 v.s. 5682
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It would be no more incorrect than what you had before. As long as it was a quality rebuild you would be that much ahead. Downside would be you have to source carbs and find or build the assorted differences between the single and duals. Depending on how "correct" you want the final appearance to be, finding some of the real pieces could get expensive.

Posted on: 2014/8/16 19:25
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
It was Rebuilt at a custom speed shop in New jersey. I will be calling them Monday to get the spec's on what they did to the engine.

Posted on: 2014/8/16 19:28
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Paint it bronze and drop it in as any dealer would have done if he had it sitting around.

I would sell the 2x4 to the next available schmuck. Its worth good money and in 40 years of screwing around with Packards I have yet to drive one that benefited from the 2x4 setup in normal driving. The majority have been fantastic for the gee whizz factor, but don't seem to add much real performance until much higher than normal speeds. The standard Rochester does quite well.

If you want a car that really jumps and feels lively at all times use the hardtop's high stall convertor in your tranny and run a 3.54 rear. That will provide more drama pulling away from a light and smooth flexibility. IMHO

Posted on: 2014/8/16 20:11
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved