Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 239

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Fuse Location, Trunk light 23rd series
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim McDermaid
See User information
In my 1954 Cavalier the trunk light is a bare bulb in a socket.

There is a toggle switch down near the latch that turns it on.

I fully expect this is not original and I did wonder what the original trunk light was.

This said I should now try and locate an original if anybody knows of parts to be bought.

I thought the fuse was inline in what I assumed was the original wiring (I will check the diagram (which is on this site) below the trunk lid hinge.

I can turn on the light without the park or headlights on which is handy as I always take the Packard grocery shopping because of the SUV sized trunk and often after dark.

Jim

Posted on: 2014/11/5 11:21
 Top  Print   

Re: Fuse Location, Trunk light 23rd series
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It does sound like you might have an aftermarket assy or maybe your original was reworked if your tilt switch acted up and was bypassed in favor of the manual switch...The fuse in the trunk wouldn't be original.

Prior to 51 models the trunk light was powered off the tail light circuit so could only light when headlights were on. Less chance of a constant drain that way if the tilt switch failed and light stayed on. Protection was off the headlight sw CB. From 24th series onward it was powered off body feed so power was available all the time & just depended on the tilt switch to turn it on or off. Used the aux or body CB which also protected courtesy lights, etc.

Posted on: 2014/11/5 11:37
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved