Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
238 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 237

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Oil filter for 1934 PAckard
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
Some previous owners of my 1104Su8 has got a modified oil filter which has a fiberglass enclosure exactly fitting to the top and the bottom oil tube fittings. Inside it is a oil filter NAPA Gold 1784. I have goggled this type but I have not found any which have openings in both sides. Do anybody know how to get this?

Attach file:

jpg  (25.10 KB)
1718_5470e3252e517.jpg 380X507 px

Posted on: 2014/11/22 14:27
633 Touring
640 Roadster
640 Phaeton
1104 Club Sedan
Odd Moen
 Top  Print   

Re: Oil filter for 1934 PAckard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You have a Purolator L-6 replacement filter assembly made by Mr Burr Ripley, there are hundreds of these in use. Unfortunately old age and declining health has forced Burr to exit the business and as of this date I don't know that anyone has picked up the tooling.

Consider an R and A replacement for your Purolator L_6 filter, his use unmodified NAPA cartridges.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 14:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Consider an R and A replacement for your Purolator L_6 filter, his use unmodified NAPA cartridges.

What Owen means is R&A Engineering/Restorations in Manchester, MI. His webpage for oil filter conversions is here:http://www.ra-restorations.com/Oil_FIlters/OilFilters.html

Call and ask for Bob.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 15:42
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Odd Moen
See User information
Owen, do you know where modified cartridge can be purchased? My housing is in execellent condition and I`m therefor trying to avoid replacing it with a new type.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 6:04
633 Touring
640 Roadster
640 Phaeton
1104 Club Sedan
Odd Moen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Sorry, I don't. To my knowledge no one picked up the Ripley tooling or business. Knowing the Ripley cartridge was unique, he offered extra cartridges and most folks I knew of (myself included) bought enough extras for many years - you might find some individual who has enough of a surplus that he's willing to sell one.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 6:25
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved