Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
210 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 209

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Vibration in 1937 Packard 115 C
Home away from home
Home away from home

CORSASEVEN
See User information
I finally got my 37 115 C running and took it out for its maiden voyage this past Saturday around the block in my subdivision for a couple of laps. When I returned to my garage while the engine was running I slightly accelerated the engine And felt a slight vibration and when the engine decelerated the vibration was much worse. Has anyone had this problem, I wonder if it could be due to worn transmission mounts or if something in the clutch area could be causing this.( flywheel, etc.) The latter vibration seems to be around the rear of the power train. I should also mention that at idle the engine appears to running smoothly but there is a slight vibration felt on the fenders.

Posted on: 2014/12/28 16:56
 Top  Print   

Re: Vibration in 1937 Packard 115 C
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Kansasboy
See User information
You might pull the distributor cap (leave the wires on) and look at the inside for moisture between the terminals.

Posted on: 2014/12/28 17:37
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Could be just about anything associated to the engine or its mountings. This may take some detective work. I agree with Kansasboy, first make sure the engine is not missing or running roughly.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/12/29 11:41
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
EZ things first. Since u indicate a vibration near rear of drive traaine i would check the u-joints for wear or loose. Also inspect tyres closely especialy if running anykind of reproduction tyre or el-cheapo modern production tire that is more than 1/2 worn.

Posted on: 2014/12/29 12:00
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

jfrom@kanter
See User information
I would agree with PackardV8, check the u joints. Also if you were to take it out for a spin and upon deceleration does the vibration get better, worse, or stay the same when you coast in neutral or push the clutch in ? I would start with the simple stuff. Inspect the u joints, mounts, and tires. Once they are checked then move to items like the dampner and such.

Thanks
James

Posted on: 2014/12/29 13:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved